Hugo Weaving Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Hugo Weaving
> Hugo Weaving Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Hugo Wallace Weaving
- Birth Date : April 04, 1960
- Birth Place : Austin, Nigeria
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : As Agent Smith in "The Matrix" trilogy
- Was nominated Best Villain for his role as Agent Smith in "The Matrix" (1999) by the 2000 Blockbuster Entertainment Awards.
- Continued to perform on stage in Sydney Theatre Company despite his busy schedule in filming.
- Was nominated in the 2005 Helpmann Award for Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role in a Play for his stage performance in "Hedda Gabler".
- His role as V in "V for Vendetta" (2005) was originally cast for James Purefoy before he backed out.
- Did the motion scenes and facial capture for the video game "Enter the Matrix" (2003) along with the other cast.
- His fight scene as Agent Smith with Neo in "The Matrix Reloaded" (2003) took 27 days to shoot.
- Played some of his clones in "The Matrix Reloaded" (2003) but actors with similar features played the others.
- Had a slipped disc in one of the scenes of "The Matrix Reloaded" (2003) in which he was pulled back by a wire.
- Appeared in the TV commercial of Gatorade in 2003.
- His part as Elf Lord Elrond in "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" (2001), was eyed by David Bowie.
- Received the award for Best Actor in the 1998 Montreal Film Festival through his enrollment in "The Interview" (1998).
- Was included in the video clip of Alicia Bridges' "I Love The Nightlife" as the character that he played in "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" (1994).
- Declares himself a vegetarian but sometimes eat fish.
- His sister, Anna-Jane Weaving was a singer and had performed in Paris in the 80s.
- His high school was also attended by actors Adam Garcia, Hugh Jackman, Andrew Johnston, Reg Livermore, writer Stuart Beattie and also radio host John Laws.
- Has the same birthday with actor Heath Ledger.