David Strathairn Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> David Strathairn
> David Strathairn Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : David Russell Strathairn
- Birth Date : January 26, 1949
- Birth Place : San Francisco, California
- Spouse : Logan Goodman (nurse, since 1980)
- Claim to Fame : As Asteroid in "City of Hope" (1991)
- Played half of the Siamese-twin clown for six months during his years at the Ringling Brothers Clown College.
- Obtained a Volpi Award for Best Actor at the 2006 Venice Film Festival.
- Gained Best Actor nomination at BFCA Awards, CFCA Awards, and OFCS Awards in 2006 for his role in "Good Night And Good Luck" (2005).
- Was nominated in the category of Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
- Got nominated in the category of Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role at BAFTA Awards and Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama at Golden Globe Awards in 2006 through "Good Night And Good Luck" (2005).
- Received a Maverick Tribute Award at the 2002 Cinequest San Jose Film Festival.
- Earned a CableACE Award nomination for Guest Actor in a Dramatic Special or Series category in 1997 through his role in "In the Gloaming" (1997).
- Has been twice nominated for Best Supporting Male and Best Male Lead categories at Independent Spirit Awards. He won one for the former category in 1992 through his role in "City of Hope" (1991).
- Developed such a realistic street person for "City of Hope" (1991) which made production assistants barely recognized him and even tried to bar him from the set on his first day filming.
- Appeared with his son, Tay, in "Eight Men Out" (1988).
- Has appeared in numerous stage productions in accordance with his acting career, either Broadway or off-Broadway projects, such as "A Lie of the Mind" (1987), "Eyes for Consuela" (1998), "The Winter's Tale" (2003), and "Rodney's Wife" (2004).
- Is of Scottish and Hawaiian descent.