Cillian Murphy Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Cillian Murphy
> Cillian Murphy Trivia
- Famous as : Actor and musician
- Birth Name : Cillian Murphy
- Birth Date : May 25, 1976
- Birth Place : Douglas, Cork, Ireland
- Spouse : Yvonne McGuinness (artist, since 1-Aug-04)
- Claim to Fame : As Jim in "28 Days Later" (2002)
- Won Actor of the Year award at GQ magazine annual ceremony held in 2006 in London.
- His favorite music includes jazz, blues, and rock.
- Wouldn't want to play in the sequel of "28 Days Later" (2002).
- Wanting the part of Jackson in "Red Eye" (2005) so much that he flew out on the Red Eye flight two days before his wedding to meet with Wes Craven. Lucky for him to get the part.
- Lost the role of Bruce Wayne and Batman, for which he originally joined the cast of "Batman Begins" (2005), to Christian Bale. He later on was given the role of Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow.
- His musical skills include singing, guitar, and drums.
- Can speak French and Irish.
- Learned to chop up meat in a slaughterhouse for his role as butcher in "Girl with a Pearl Earring" (2003).
- Is a vegetarian.
- Had to wear the batsuit during an audition for the role of Batman in "Batman Begins" (2005) with Christopher Nolan.
- Before came to acting he was planning a career in law.
- During his study at UCC he once played guitar with Sons of Mr. Greengenes, a Frank Zappa-influenced band.
- His first name Cillian is pronounced "Kill-ian."
- Sometimes credited as Cilly.