Busta Rhymes Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Busta Rhymes
> Busta Rhymes Trivia
- Famous as : Rapper
- Birth Name : Trevor Tahiem Smith, Jr.
- Birth Date : May 20, 1972
- Birth Place : Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Single "Woo-Hah!! Got You All in Check" from album "The Coming" (1996)
- Was on November 2nd, 2006 pulled offer by police and issued a summons for talking on his cell phone while driving in New York City, where it is illegal to drive while talking on a cell phone.
- Faced a lawsuit in March 2006 from a fan named Melvin Smith who alleged that he along with one of his bodyguards had beat him severely so that he had to sustain neck and back injuries.
- Encountered a shooting incident during the making of the remix version of "Touch It" music video in early February 2006 and while he was not hurt, his bodyguard, Israel Ramirez, sadly was shot to death.
- Cut his dreadlocks he had grown since 1989 in November 2005 during a photo shoot in a New York barbershop.
- Gained number 417 on the Top Pop Artists of the Past 25 Years chart in 2004.
- Received a six-month probation in 2004 for his case of assaulting a woman at a December 2002 concert.
- Was given a late slip by Sean Connery upon coming on the set of "Finding Forrester" (2000) two minutes late.
- Got arrested upon a felony weapons possession charge in 1998 which resulted in a five-year probation after he pleaded guilty in a plea bargain.
- Song "I Love My Bitch" has the clean version titled "I Love My Chick" while its music video was made based on film "Mr and Mrs Smith" (2005) with him appearing opposite Gabrielle Union.
- Single "Touch It" contained a sample of Daft Punk's song of "Technologic."
- His single "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See" ranked the 20th on MTV's list of 100 Greatest Videos Ever Made.
- Has once had a clash with an underground rapper, Tragedy Styles.
- Actually was intended to be pranked by Britney Spears in "Punk'd", but the plan was cancelled due to the strong objection from host Ashton Kutcher on the idea of Spears conducting the action.
- His third solo album's title of "E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front" was taken from a scientific term found in Mimi Leder's 1998 movie "Deep Impact."
- Earned the 28th rank on VH1's 50 Greatest Hip Hop Artists list.
- Has a green Lamborghini that he nicknamed Peppermint.
- Once established an apparel line called Bushi, but later decided to donate most of its products to local charities and churches as he lost interest in the business.
- His stage name was originally Chill-o-ski, but since he considered it to be corny, Chuck D then gave him the name of Busta Rhymes.
- Owns a record company named Flipmode Entertainment.