Brittany Murphy Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Brittany Murphy
> Brittany Murphy Trivia
- Famous as : Actress
- Birth Name : Sharon Bertolotti
- Birth Date : November 10, 1977
- Birth Place : Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Spouse : Simon Monjack (screenwriter, 2007 - 20-Dec-09) (her death)
- Claim to Fame : As Tai Fraiser in "Clueless" (1995)
- Has endorsed for Skittles, Pizza Hut, Honey Bunches of Oats, and The Gap.
- Has been the spokesperson for Jordache jeans since 2005.
- Collaborated with Paul Oakenfold in his song of "Faster Kill Pussycat" which reached #7 on U.K singles chart by June 2006 and peaked at number one on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play.
- Became one of the presenters at the 61st annual Golden Globe Awards held in 2004.
- Was placed at the 32nd rank on Maxim Magazine's Hot 100 list in 2003, 8th in 2005, and 49th in 2006.
- Appeared on the cover of Cosmopolitan Magazine in 2003.
- Performed a song in the opening of the 2002 MTV Movie Awards.
- Became a good friend of Eminem after starring together in "8 Mile" (2002).
- Read a story of a Bosnian woman when showed up in "The Vagina Monologues" with "Girl, Interrupted" co-star Winona Ryder in February 2000.
- Had to undergo a number of several retakes in a scene of "Girl, Interrupted" (1999) where Winona Ryder finds her after she commits suicide since she could not help crying because of Ryder's touching enactment.
- Performed onstage alongside Anthony LaPaglia and Allison Janney in the Broadway revival of Arthur Miller's "A View From the Bridge" in 1997.
- Attended the premiere of "Clueless" (1995) wearing her own dress and red lipstick since she did not know about stylists yet at that time.
- Was the lead singer of a band called "Blessed Soul", in which Eric Balfour also joined, in early 1990s.
- Was given the nickname of Crack Baby during her high school years for giggling all the time.
- Went to her high school prom with Jonathan Brandis.
- Her favorite music artists include Tears for Fears, The Rolling Stones, Beck, Bjork, and TLC.
- Was featured in the music videos of Tears for Fears' "Closest Thing to Heaven" and Eminem's "My Name Is."
- Likes listening to Jazz, especially that of Cole Porter's.
- Actually was billed to star in a biopic of Janis Joplin after she won the role over Emily Watson and Courtney Love, but the project sadly was stalled due to battles for the rights to Joplin's songs.