Bob Marley Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Bob Marley
> Bob Marley Trivia
- Famous as : Reggae singer
- Birth Name : Robert Nesta Marley
- Birth Date : February 06, 1945
- Birth Place : Nine Miles, Saint Ann, Jamaica
- Spouse : Alpharita Constantia Anderson (Rita Marley) (10-Feb-66 - 11-May-81) (his death)
- Claim to Fame : Single "No Woman, No Cry" (1975)
- Ranked 12th on Forbes.com's 7th annual list of Top-Earning Dead Celebrities, taking in an estimated $4 million during the 2007.
- Ranked 13th on Forbes' 6th annual Top-Earning Dead Celebrities list conducted in the year of 2006.
- Has his "Redemption Song" credited as the 4th Britain's Favorite Lyric in a poll conducted by music channel VH1 (April 2006).
- His home in Kingston, Jamaica has been declared a national monument by Jamaican government in its official statement on February 7, 2006.
- Four of his nine children, Ziggy, Cedella, Stephen, and Sharon Marley, formed a music group called The Melody Makers.
- In 1999 he was honored Album of the Century by Time Magazine for "Exodus" (1977).
- Awarded Jamaica's third highest honor, the Order of Merit (February 1981).
- Has been named Band of the Year by Rolling Stone magazine (1976).
- Voted the 11th Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist of all time by Entertainment Weekly.
- His song titled "One Love" has extensively been used for Jamaican tourism commercials.
- Is buried with his favorite guitar, which is a cherry red Fender Stratocaster, in a mausoleum at Nine Miles.
- A compilation album of his entitled "Legend" (1984) has become one of the highest selling "greatest hits" recordings by a solo artist.
- Awarded the International Peace Medal by the African delegation to the United Nations in 1978.
- He is a vegetarian.
- His parents were to be married on June 9th, 1944, but they never did it because his paternal grandparents did not approve of the relationship.
- Always had his hair in dredlocks, which is one of the symbols of Rastafarianism.
- Tuff Gong is his nickname.