Amber Tamblyn Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Amber Tamblyn
> Amber Tamblyn Trivia
- Famous as : Actress
- Birth Name : Amber Rose Tamblyn
- Birth Date : May 14, 1983
- Birth Place : Santa Monica, California, USA
- Spouse : David Cross (actor, since 6-Oct-12)
- Claim to Fame : As Joan Girardi on "Joan of Arcadia" (2003 - 2005) (TV)
- Received awful threats from a stalker in early 2005 which then led to a grant of a restraining order forbidding the man from coming 100 yards near her.
- Has become a vegetarian since 2005.
- Dyed a part of her hair blue instead of wearing a blue hair insert as suggested by the director for her role in "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" (2005).
- Has been the second youngest actress to receive Emmy nomination in the category of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series when she gained it in 2004.
- Danced with her father during the 1997 Nurses' Ball.
- Showed up in a TV commercial for Partnership for a Drug-Free America at age 14 in 1997.
- Her favorite movie is "The War of the Gargantuans" (1966) which is also her father's favorite while her favorite TV show is "South Park."
- Had performed in more than 10 plays during her 9-year study at Santa Monica Alternative School House.
- Her favorite book is "The Little Prince."
- Has a tattoo of a faerie near her ankle.
- Good friends with Alexis Bledel.
- Is an agnostic, meaning that she does not deny the existence of God though she does not convert to a specific religion.
- Her family friends include David Lynch, Dennis Hopper, and Neil Young.
- Appeared with her father, Russ Tamblyn, in the special features of "Twin Peaks" Special Edition DVD.
- Has a shoe size of 6.
- Once persuaded a homeless man to pretend being her father so that she could get her navel pierced, but later had to confess it to her parents when the piercing became infected.
- Is Dean Stockwell's goddaughter.
- Considers Jodie Foster and Matt Damon to be her favorite movie stars.
- Her mentors in writing poems include Michael McClure and Jack Hirschman.
- Likes listening to the music, eating chips, watching movies, playing piano, shopping, skateboarding, talking on the phone, and rollerblading.
- Keeps a cat named Mousey, even once had a rat as her pet.
- Is a big fan of Ani DiFranco, Avril Lavigne, and Sublime.
- Her favorite color is green.
- Has a fear of spiders called Arachnophobia which once caused her pleading the writers of "General Hospital" to replace her character's pet from a spider to a rat when she underwent a scene in which she had to pick up the eight-legged animal.
- Is an accomplished poet and has published poetic works titled "Of the Dawn", "Plenty of Ships", "Free Stallion, and "The Loneliest" which contains her Haiku writings.