- Home > Celebrity
> Akon Trivia
- Famous as : R&B singer
- Birth Name : Aliaune Damala Dakha Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam
- Birth Date : April 30, 1973
- Birth Place : St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Spouse : Tomeka
- Claim to Fame : Debut album "Trouble" (2004)
- Signed a publishing deal with rapper-turned-publisher C-Murder's TRU Publishing company in March 2008 to release a book based on his life to be titled "Thug Politics", due in stores April or May the same year.
- Wrote and recorded an apology song, "Sorry, Blame Me", which is meant to apologize for his bad concert behavior, including his "lewd dancing" with underage girl (June 2007).
- Dislikes independent woman.
- Used to send his music to Africa where the radio stations would play it.
- Grew up listening to Black Uhuru, Bob Marley and Tracy Chapman.
- He was accepted by the gangster crowd and became the most popular kid in Jersey City.
- The African radio stations once played his whole album everyday.
- Having a future plan on making records with his father Mor Thiam.
- He plays almost all music instruments.